General Notarial

We are here for You.

The act of notarization is seemingly simple: the client signs a document in front of a notary. In reality, by notarizing a document the notary public screens the identity and voluntariness of each signatory and oath taker, observing that the person is aware of the significance of the matter requiring notarization.

Are you travelling out of the country with children? Perhaps you need to change your name? Our services can assist with the necessary documents.

We provide general notarial services in Port Coquitlam such as:

For general notarizations, we require a primary picture ID such as your driver’s license or passport. We also require a secondary piece of identification, such as a Care Card, credit card or debit card in your name and with your signature on the back. We will examine the original identification cards and retain a copy at our office.

Legal Change of Name Application

Our office can assist you with notarizing the requisite Statutory Declaration for a Legal Change of Name with Vital Statistics and preparing certified true copies of required documents. READ MORE about Legal Changes of Name.

Documents for International Travel

We are also able to assist our clients in authenticating and legalizing documents for foreign jurisdictions. This process ensures that government officials of the foreign country recognize the document as valid and legal for use in that country.

A consent letter is not a legal requirement in Canada, but it can simplify travel for Canadian children, as it may be requested by immigration authorities when entering or leaving a foreign country or by Canadian officials when re-entering Canada. The letter demonstrates that Canadian children have permission to travel abroad from parents or guardians who are not accompanying them. The Government of Canada website states that "It is recommended that you have the letter witnessed by a notary public, so that border officials will be less likely to question its authenticity." READ MORE on the Recommended consent letter for children travelling abroad.

Letters of Invitation for Foreign Travel

Sometimes when applying for a visa to visit Canada, a notarized letter of invitation is required from someone in Canada. Our office can assist you with preparation and notarization of the document.

We earn our client's trust

My wife and I were very lucky to find Ms. Nilpar Honarvar some years ago when we urgently needed a notarized document. We then received her professional and efficient services on several other occasions - from simple notarization of documents, to property transfers when we sold a house and bought another. The experience was indeed easy, clear and perfect. She is always very helpful, with a courteous and kind demeanour. Whenever there are any legal documents and processes to go through, we feel supported and confident that Nilpar will take care of it for us, and that her professional fees will be fair. 

— Aldo & Elvira

Let us know how we can help

To set up an appointment with Nilpar Honarvar in the Port Coquitlam office, please call our office at 604.917.0205 or fill in the Contact Form.

Scroll to Top